- People of color
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness
- Not-picture perfect parenting
- Gender non-conforming bodies
- Aging beautifully
- People fighting mental illness
- and the every day struggles of life itself.
So what is feminist about selfies? The people participating in this project are not seeking external validation through their photos. Rather they are creating media that includes people who do not fit the mainstream definition of beauty...although we have some of those too!
At the end of the day (or year), my hope is that people will feel more comfortable in front of a camera, more comfortable with their own image and hopefully see why others in their lives think they are beautiful.